Monday, February 15, 2010

How To Congratulate New Baby Boy Am I Being Irrational? Or Was My MIL As Wrong As I Think She Is...?

Am I being irrational? Or was my MIL as wrong as I think she is...? - how to congratulate new baby boy

My MIL is in her 70s and has 4 children (3 boys and a girl), I married his youngest son, and married for 5 years and has 2 children. We are pleased with our 3rd decided (and the last pregnant) and my birthday was 2 weeks, all with the words "my real say in the presence of 9 months. Everyone was very excited and said, congratulations, etc., but my MIL said I" is not available, to hear that "and said:" I'm sorry, I can not congratulate you, but I am concerned for his family, "WTF! We make a large income have two cars, my kids education savings in the thousands, and only 4 a.m.-2 p.m. and not $ 120K on our house have the pension, insurance, barley credit card debt. I'm still so angry. She's afraid I'm forcing her baby (the 45), have children to be happy. WTF again. Now I have to spend in the next week with his family, a cow that had been planned long ago. My husband and I planned our first 2 and this. Shall I go and how?

5 comments:

Slassy Girl said...

Just let it go. Could be worse, as if they lived with you. Just chalk their meddling or trying to cause problems, and prove that he is wrong from the family to be happy and will love you. "

hummingb... said...

It looks like an ugly old woman. Not all, but many mothers in law to act in this way the women their children. Try not to leave it to you (I know, easier said than done, especially with the hormones!), But in the end, I think it will be easier if only pretend "not to hear" what they had to say. If you would continue her husband, I ask you to intervene and say something. Congratulations!

zendall said...

It is very inappropriate. It is never a good idea to comment on it if this someone you ask for advice. Please do not take courage, but because I'm sure you love his little son. My sister's MIL was negative when she became pregnant and was detrimental to my sister. But the woman who loves the child and told my brother, my sister, you see now underestimate what a great mother, she is too.

ashbein2... said...

I feel your pain. Received many BS, because we've been married for less than 7 years and I am pregnant with our fifth. But we are in the same boat as you are, finances are no problem for us. Do not let me go a. C. I think I'm half. Any person who is not happy when I'm pregnant, should not be in the hospital after birth and asked to keep the baby!

ஐ ⓑⓔⓛⓛ ⓐ ♥'s Ezekyel & Skip said...

A mother in laws work is never done. What kind of s * was that? You do not feel heat? WHAT? Why do you worry? His "baby" is old enough to make their own decisions, you need to keep the comments as for themselves. I would do my best to plan to enjoy a holiday, and try to have the time to limit pass through them.

Post a Comment